Monday, March 06, 2006

Thomas Kinkade: Angel of Light

This post is especially for my wife. She has questions about Kinkade's art (as we all should). I'm convinced that Kinkade is delusional. This article from the LA Times proves it. If you read it, pay careful attention to his justification of public urination and the comments by adoring fans claiming that he is a contemporary Leonardo da Vinci, etc. In fact, here's just a sample. When Kinkade was acccused of acting inappropriately toward another woman at one of his signing parties, he had this to say:

"But you've got to remember," he said, "I'm the idol to these women who are there. They sell my work every day, you know. They're enamored with any attention I would give them. I don't know what kind of flirting they were trying to do with me. I don't recall what was going on that night."

I am not intending to smear Kinkade's name but something must be said. Who says things like the quotation above? This man should be exposed for what he is and held accountable not only for mocking the Church and the name of Christ but for his megalomania and lame, unimaginative art!

8 comments:

sweetpea said...

amen.

Mexican Beauty said...

i didn't like him before, but after the flasher santas (from the kitch section on the purgatorio blog) it was all over for me.

Michael said...

I never cared for him either, but I can't help now but think of all the well-intended people he leads astray. I mean, he is after all an idol.

sweetpea said...

ha.

amazing grace said...

how disturbing......

Mexican Beauty said...

he's a dirty old man...well, dirty middle-aged man.

so sad. so, so sad. i guess i'll have to throw out my kinkade glade candles.

sweetpea said...

ha ha ha ha. glade candles!

Lizard said...

Yet another reason for you guys to come to California! He lives 25 minutes from us!!! Creepy.....